Social media & content manager
Social Media & Content Manager needed to join our team working with a small number of clients who are making a positive change to society.
Your role will be to help manage social media platforms, including paid ads, and to oversee the uploading and optimisation of content onto website, applying best practice search engine optimisation.
Your targets will be to raise awareness of the client as a public figure, to promote his teachings, and to increase bookings of client events.
You will have at least two or three years experience with social media, including paid ads. Experience in web content optimisation is preferable but not necessary, though you will be interested in learning new skills as necessary.
You will be reporting to Digital Director Tabitha Stapely and will benefit from her extensive experience in digital content strategy and SEO.
Job role and responsibilities
Social media manager
- Build an engaged, loyal follower base on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Youtube
- Use digital media editing software to create highly engaging social content including IGTV video clips
- Ensure all published content adheres to brand values and tone of voice
- Develop and deliver an overarching content plan for all social media channels, using scheduling tools
- Manage the community, responding where necessary within the brand tone of voice and guidelines
- Deliver paid advertising campaigns including the use of Facebook pixels to track performance
- Monitor and report on performance of all social media platforms using tools such as Google Analytics and platforms own analytics
- Coordinate the processing, uploading and optimisation of content from contributors
- Use Search Console and Google Analytics to analyse website performance and areas for improvement
- Align content strategy with social media strategy
- Continually improve website optimisation with backlinks, crosslinks, metadata and onpage seo
- Manage PPC campaign in collaboration with Growth Manager
Personal qualities and experience
This role would particular suit those with the following qualities and experience:
- Passion to help people that do good, to do better
- Demonstrate a personal interest in one or more of the following: social enterprise, community, wellbeing
- 2-3 years of social media experience, including Facebook Ads
- Experience or willingness to learn about search engine optimisation
- Experience in creating assets for audio and video content
About Social Streets C.I.C
Social Streets is a not-for-profit media company that works on a wide range of projects that benefit the community. We publish our own media titles, including community magazine Roman Road LDN, and undertake contract publishing for third parties.
This is a full time role, 9am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.
Salary in the region of £26,000 to £30,000 pro rata depending on experience. This is a freelance contract, with a six month rolling renewal.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org before Sunday 27th October 2019 with:
- Your CV
- A covering letter explaining why the opportunity to work for a social enterprise is important to you