Social media & content manager
Social Media & Content Manager needed to join our team and take the lead on a new project that will suit mind-curious people with an interest in philosophy and spiritual wellbeing.
You will ideally have two years experience in digital content, either as a social media assistant, content writer, copywriter or optimiser. However we will consider candidates with less experience, including recent graduates, if they are a good fit. This job will involve working closely with Tabitha Stapely, Director of Social Streets, who has extensive experience in digital content, social enterprise and community development.
Job role and responsibilities
- Build an engaged, loyal follower base on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Youtube
- Use digital media editing software to create highly engaging social content including IGTV video clips
- Ensure all published content adheres to brand values and tone of voice
- Develop and deliver an overarching content plan for all social media channels, using scheduling tools
- Manage the community, responding where necessary within the brand tone of voice and guidelines
- Deliver paid advertising campaigns on Facebook and Instgram
- Monitor and report on performance of all social media platforms using tools such as Google Analytics and platforms own analytics
- Coordinate the processing, uploading and optimisation of content from contributors
- Use Search Console and Google Analytics to analyse website performance and areas for improvement
- Align content strategy with social media strategy
- Continually improve website optimisation with backlinks, crosslinks, metadata and onpage seo
- Writing advertorials occasionally
Personal qualities and experience
This role would particular suit those with the following qualities and experience:
- Passion to help people that do good, to do better
- Demonstrate a personal interest in one or more of the following: social enterprise, community, wellbeing
- 2 years of social media experience, including Facebook Ads
- Experience or willingness to learn about search engine optimisation
- Experience in creating assets for audio and video content
About Social Streets C.I.C
Social Streets is a not-for-profit media company that works on a wide range of projects that have a positive impact on community. We publish our own media titles, including community magazine Roman Road LDN, and undertake contract publishing and digital marketing for third parties.
You will be based at our office in East London.
Salary from £21,000 for graduates and commensurate with experience.
This is a freelance contract, with a six month rolling contract.
Part time or full time will be considered.
Not got two year’s experience? Ideally looking for someone with a few years experience but we will also consider those with less experience who are a good fit and would like the benefit of being mentored and fast-tracked into this Manager role.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Your CV
- A covering letter explaining why the opportunity to work in the spiritual sector is important for you1