Members understand that the way we keep memberships affordable is because we run an at-cost model, we don't have full time cleaners or receptionists, which is why members get stuck in to keep the place clean and keep the gears of the space running. Each member is:
- Required to take responsibility for organising and maintaining shared infrastructure and resources.
- Expected to contribute to the office kitty to cover basic shared costs such as milk, tea, coffee and sugar.
- Expected to contribute to the roster of cleaning duties once a fortnight.
Empty desk policy
We have a empty desk policy to allow us to share desks to other members on different days of the week and at different times of the day. This means members cannot leave anything on their desks. However each member is provided with a locker to store personal desk effects.
Unless otherwise stated, minimum term for hire is three months as we are looking to build long term relationships as a way to develop thick networks within the community.
- Days can be taken as one full calendar day, or two half days
- Half days are 9am to 1pm or 1.30pm to 5.30pm.
- Office Hours are 8am to 6pm after which time premises must be vacated for evening use as a community space.
- Maximum number of memberships that can be taken per community group is two.
- Prices are exempt from VAT.
Payment is upfront in three-monthly instalments, except for community groups who are have the benefit of being able to pay monthly.
We reserve our rooms for community activities in the evening which means official office hours are 8am to 6pm.
During this initial pilot stage, the office is only open Monday to Friday. This allows us to trial the space for community meetings and workshops during the evenings and weekends.
We firmly believe social capital is the best capital. All members are invited to attend a monthly Saturday social event, an opportunity to meet each other over shared food and discuss future plans and management issues.