Digital Content Marketing Assistant
Social Streets C.I.C
If you care about diversity and representation and are interested in the media and creative industries, this job is for you! At Social Streets, we publish neighbourhood magazines that help people share their stories and news whatever their background or abilities. Our members can publish content directly onto our online newspapers giving them a voice in the media.
We are looking for a part-time Digital Marketing Assistant starting mid-February on a six-month contract to help us raise awareness of our magazine membership scheme.
You will be working alongside our Partners Manager, Emily Cramer. Emily is responsible for increasing our membership and commercial partnerships. She’ll be your manager and mentor. You will be helping her with:
– Assist with creating social media campaigns
– Creating posts on social media to promote the membership
– Community management: grow the follower numbers and engage with our online community (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, TikTok).
– Assist with email campaigns to our members
– Writing content for the online magazine’s member content
– Help to deliver and improve the digital marketing strategy
– Upkeep of the database (Hubspot)
What are we looking for?
Are you a digital native who likes to create content for social media? Do you have an instinct for what will attract shares and likes? This job is for you! We’ll be teaching you a lot but you will need to have the following qualities:
– Excellent written English: you will need to write quickly and accurately
– A good visual eye: we will need to create Instagram worthy posts and graphics using Canva
– Work at speed: you must work in timely manner for social media so we’re looking for someone with lightning thumbs
– Organised: you will be handling a lot of platforms and a using software such as Tweetdeck and Buffer to organise yourself
It would be useful if the applicant can demonstrate an interest in creative media.
Why work for us
📖 Social Streets is very small with a team of just five or six people. This means you will get a lot of one-to-one support as well as plenty of insight into running a business.
🧑🤝🧑 We offer a safe and forward-thinking working environment. We’re an all-female team of young people all under the age of 30, except for the boss who is ancient.
🍔 We are located on vibrant Roman Road in Bow, just five minutes walk from Victoria Park, with hundreds of shops and cafes on the doorstep, as well as the world-famous Roman Road Market. Our favourite place for cheap eats is Patty Heaven next door. The best patties!
🚌 It’s easy to get here. Several buses (8, 27 and 339) stop on Roman Road and the nearest tube station is 15 minutes walk away – either Mile End or Bow Road.
🐕 We have an office pet – a tiny sausage dog called Rita who loves apples. But if you don’t like dogs, don’t worry. She is a lazy dog who sleeps in her basket all day long.
The training and opportunities we can offer
We’re small and caring. If you give us 110% we’ll give you 110%. We’re also well known and well respected in the local area so you’ll get a good reception from our networks and have the opportunity to create many useful contacts.
• Time management – we’ll teach you how to structure your day and week and how to prioritise tasks
• Reporting – we’ll teach you best practices about de-briefing the rest of the team and writing up a summary of what you’ve done every day
• Teamwork – we’ll give you experience at building your confidence in meetings and how to express an opinion and develop ideas
• Communication – we’ll show you how to polish up your communication skills so you can be persuasive and polite
• Technical skills – You’ll learn how to use software that many businesses use, including Google Drive and Hubspot
• Social media – We’ll teach you how to create social media posts that get shared.
Pay and working arrangements
This is an office-based role and you will be working from the Social Streets office above Abbotts Interiors on Roman Road.
The job is 25 hours per week. It is preferable that the candidate works eight hours on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, from 9am to 6pm with an hour for lunch. However, we can be flexible for people who have other commitments. Just ask us.
You will be paid the Minimum Wage. An individual must be school-leaving age to get the National Minimum Wage. It currently stands at
− £4.62 per hour for under-18s
− £6.56 per hour for those aged between 18 to 20
− £8.36 for anyone who is aged between 21 and 22
− £8.91 if you are 23 or over (this is the National Living Wage)
How to apply
The job is offered as part of the Kickstart scheme and applicants must be aged 16-24, claiming Universal Credit and referred to us by your local JobCentre.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a cover letter that explains why you would be a good fit for this job and provide examples of any creative media projects you have done.
Deadline – first round is 21 January 2022, and final decision by 10th February 2022.