High Streets, Tower Hamlets
Not-for-profit digital services company Social Streets is looking for a data researcher to help audit the digital profile of three town centres in Tower Hamlets.
The research will play an important role in ensuring local businesses benefit from the #ShopTowerHamlets initiative led by London Borough of Tower Hamlets. #ShopTowerHamlets is a new digital platform that will provide a free digital presence for all businesses in the borough.
The role is part time and is expected to take two months.
Role and responsibilities
You role will be to develop three databases for each of the following town centres: Bow, Globe Town and Bethnal Green.
Much of the work will be office-based, however you will also be expected to visit all the shops in person to verify information and inform business about the project.
• Research online to gather data (address, contact, website and social media platforms)
• Visit businesses face to face and gather data using a table
• Input data into an Excel spreadsheet
• Call businesses to verify and check data
• Good communication skills
• Excellent organisational skills
• Able to work autonomously
• Careful, conscientious and accurate
About Social Streets
Social Streets is a digital media company with a social mission. We use technology, hyperlocal citizen-led journalism and digital mentoring to help increase participation in high streets and local communities.
We work in partnership with place makers, town teams, community development organisations, local authorities, business improvement districts and neighbourhood forums to help them build an active community around their place.
Experience, salary and working arrangements
Duration: Two months
Start and end times: 1 June 2018 to 31 July 2018
Pay: £70 per day (£10 per hour)
Days: Three days per week
Times: 9am to 5.00pm
Location: Bow, London
- Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Deadline 6pm Tuesday 29th May
- Successful candidates will be expected to start immediately.