Social Streets Campus Bow will be opening in September 2017. From here we will be publishing our high street title RomanRoadLDN.
Social Streets Campus is a space for high street innovation. Here, you will find our editorial floor from where we publish our online high street titles, our research station, our training base, and a programme of social events that connect the local community with digital expertise.
Social Streets Editorial
Social Streets is a social enterprise. We believe in a new way of doing business, one where social conscience is embedded in the business model (and not just an afterthought).
Our editorial team is a collective of brilliant local digital professionals united in their desire for social action. They receive free work space in exchange for contributing one day per week to the community.
It is a simple exchange model that supports local talent as well as the local community. The high street and local community benefit from the promotion of their high street; and our collective of professionals receive valuable experience of a full-scale editorial floor, join a supportive community of like-minded people, including access to our jobs board.
To join our editorial team you will need to:
- an experienced content creator
- demonstrate a love for community and social issues
- have great ideas about local journalism
Social Streets Internship
Social Streets Campus is looking for recent graduates and young professionals to take part in their four month editorial Internship programme.
This Internship is designed for emerging creative and media professionals who would like the opportunity to gain real-life experience and to use their skills for social action. Interns will:
- - Gain valuable experience of working on a real-life online magazine floor under experienced editors.
- - Gain skills in all aspects of digital publishing including research, interviewing, writing, photography, video and social media.
- - Have the opportunity of shadowing our Digital Mentors and mentoring school children
Please contact email@example.com if you would like to apply for the Internship Programme.
Social Streets currently partners with Queen Mary University London and University of East London, providing their graduates an opportunity to gain valuable real-life experience and to give back to their local community.
Work in data or technology and want to help contribute to our bank of high street intelligence? Relevant ideas might include:
- app design
- high street digital health checks
- business digital health checks